Our apparent age and health are reflected in the condition of our skin. Youthful skin is full and smooth and reflects light well. As we age, the skin becomes thin, wrinkles appear, and sun damage creates an irregular complexion, producing unflattering shadows on the face. Some of the options for managing skin health and reversing the signs of aging are listed below:
- Cosmeceuticals can restore the thickness of the skin, improving wrinkles, while lightening dark spots.
- Chemical peels, ablative lasers, and microneeding can induce collagen production which lessens wrinkles and fine lines.
- Non-ablative lasers can treat dark spots and fine vessels caused by sun damage.
- Neurotoxins, such as Botox, can relax muscles that contribute to dynamic wrinkles, such as “crow’s feet” and “frown lines”.
- Soft tissue fillers can help restore lost volume, improving facial contours.